Friday, September 5, 2008

I Hate the Stock Market

The Dow keeps going down and down. Maybe we should rename it the Up.

Tom and I did the new annual First Day of School trip to Seaside on Wednesday. It was a beautiful day.

The beach was not very crowded, but there were people out and I thought of my school chums and mentally wished them all a good day.





We got home and went to Prospectors to dance. We bumped into some old friends, but there weren't any teacher friends out. I am thinking they will be back after the returning rush of responsibility and reorganization settles down.

On Tuesday, I met up with Sandy and Bob and Joanne at the BCEA Office for lunch. It was like old times...we almost broke into a meeting!









Thursday was my first H & R Block tax class. It was interesting once I got there. (It only took me 50 minutes for what turned out to be the 20 minute away location! Oy, don't ask!)

Thursday evening I went to the viewing for Dick Hummell in Burlington. All the Hummells and related family and friends were there. They had so many photos....a lot of nostalgia of yesteryear.

I have signed up for the Contact training and some golf tips too, so this should be a pretty busy Fall for me! And, of course, Tom has golf and bowling and we both have the gym for work out purposes and dancing for fun.

2 comments:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hello,

These photos are very nice. The beach looks very beautiful. Have a nice day.


===================================
Ritika
look4ward

Roberta said...

Wow, thanks for the comment on my blog! It is nice to know someone is out there viewing!

Ritika, do I know you, or did you just happen to catch my blog by accident? I am so curious!

Have a great day!
Love,
Roberta