Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Scary Moment

It could have been this headline: Retired Teacher Hit by a Truck While Heading to Helpline!
There I was on the corner, waiting for the light to turn green, when suddenly, this really big truck started turning the corner...and the huge wheel came right over the curb and onto the sidewalk where I was standing. Well, where I used to be standing, because I moved first. OMG. I could have been crunched!!!

So that was one exciting thing from Friday. I spent four hours getting familiar with the Contact phone room. That was very enlightening. I guess it tired me out too, because I slept through the Let's go dancing window of leaving opp. Oh, and so far, so good with the burglar alarm. I only forgot to undo it once. Oh and the landscape guy is apparently working on the bushes and stuff here and there, but we have yet to actually see him doing it in person!

Today is the Heart Walk in Camden. I told people we could meet and car pool at the office, but no one told me they were interested in doing that, nor did we discuss a time to meet...Hmmm....

No comments: