Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Keith and Carrie, George and Little Bigtown, Tom and Me

Presidents Day Week-end is over and what an exciting time it was for us! Two big concerts in as many days (and Mark Chesnutt coming up tomorrow at Prospectors, too!)

Friday night it was the long drive to Atlantic City, but Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban were certainly worth it. This was the first we've been in Boardwalk Hall since the old NJEA Friday night entertainment days and it is quite different, but huge. Carrie was so tiny from where we were sitting she was like a little dot. Pictures from my digital camera were not happening from that distance and with that lighting. Her voice was great, and the binocular glimpses we had of her were helpful.

Keith had a HUGE screen behind him so we could see his every move, and when he and the whole band moved up to center floor so "the people in the back" [aka US] could see better, it was very well received. He was personable, exciting, touching, and of course, an awesome musician and singer. [We love you, Keith Urban!]

Saturday night we got to the Wachovia Center early, which was a huge change of pattern for us! (we had the time wrong! lol) We heard on the way in that Sarah Johns ("The One in the Middle") had the flu, but would be performing. She was a good singer and very pretty and we see a fine future in store for her. Little Big Town was great, and with the stage in the center and round, they rotated nicely so all could get a glimpse of them performing directly.

The Wachovia seats were right by Tony and Cheryl....Jim and Ganine were across the whole arena from us and we never got to see them in person, but I peeked at them through the ever handy aforementioned binoculars.


George Strait sang a huge number of his songs from over the years
and I could tell why he is a legend in his own time.

The concert wasn't flashy or high tech effects, but simply great country music.




We were out so late both nights we didn't dance afterward.
We did get our exercise in though. We got our personal training in on Friday ( I did physical therapy too) and we went again on Sunday and Monday I went to the gym for a session with Mike and then phys ther and then back again to the gym for kick boxing class. (I love that class!) Monday I had more phys. ther. and then went to the gym later for the new aerobics dance class and some cardio (Jeopardy was on and the lady next to me was so impressed that I knew all the answers while we jogged along on the machine!)


New topic: I went to the big meeting on the new State Health Benefits Program. I am really glad I went because now I feel more knowledgeable AND I handed in my paper to change to Direct 10. I called Wilma and Cory and Joanne about it to try and make sure they had all the info.

No comments: