Saturday, August 29, 2015

So nu?

It is so close to the end of August, it is unbelievable.

Not only that....school is starting the week before Labor Day. There goes my timely First Day of School Trip to Seaside! Not only is Sept. 2nd out because I have my first seasonal H&R Block class that morning, because it is before Labor Day they'll still be charging to get on the beach. Hmph!

I set the next DEAR lunch for the 24th and now I realize that's the NJREA Fall meeting/lunch date. Sadly, most of my people won't care, but I'm pretty sure Marge will go to that one. I can change it, but Jean Zensen changed her doctor's appt. so she could be there on the 24th and I already told people that was the date.....

No update from BCEA about the demise of my website (for the "new and improved" version). I guess it's off as of Sept. 5th as per original announcement.

We made travel plans- Florida in December, Arizona in March, Myrtle Beach in May. We were going to head down to FL and then back up from Myrtle Beach....until I realized that meant I wouldn't be home for the May 2016 h.s. reunion I've been working on and looking forward to.
So now we have different plans under consideration, but not yet booked.

The Brewins are going to be in town in mid-September. We definitely want to catch up with them this time.

I just found out that Corry, our cousin, was just operated on for colon cancer in a New York City hospital. He went in for other issues and they found it and hope that it was early enough to get it all, but he still needs chemo. Apparently he lives very spartanlike (without the fighting) in N. Jersey and is all alone there. Luckily Alex lives in Manhattan now and was instrumental in working with the hospital for him. His sister Vivien may be there now, staying at Alex's. I just happened to write an email to Sue and Jenn and Alex this morning and Sue wrote back with that news. He would much prefer to spend his recovery period in NC with his wife, Sharon. I don't know what is going to happen. I'm just glad they found it early and his prognosis is good.

We went out dancing last night and got Pat straightened out with her tax situation. Maybe we'll dance tonight too. :-)


No comments: