Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Conventional Thing to Do

After years of minimal costuming and parties for Halloween, we ended up with three sets of costumes, two parties, and the usual Prospectors gala. It was fun!
Michelle and Chris's party


Randy and Greg's party









Prospectors
Thursday I took the train down to Atlantic City for the NJEA Convention. (Remember last year we got hurricane-d out?)

Without a BCEA reception it was not easy to find my BCEA colleagues, but I bumped into some and saw lots of people I knew, too.


Me with Joanne and Martha
Toni Guerra, BCEA First VP

Financial advisors

Randi and I are apparently psychically linked. I stood outside the classroom she was in, wishing I could contact her, and she came out to make a phone call. It was uncanny!



Wanda, my friend the NJEA Classroom Close-up producer asked me to do a promotional bit for the show's 20th anniversary. I asked if I could hold one of her many Emmy's. Of course, I hammed it up later, thanking all the little people for my success!


I left on the 4:42 train, making it back just in time for the Eastampton Rec Committee meeting. I was totally too tired to dance :-(

The good news is, the next day, I got to see Joanne on her way up to PA. We had lunch at the Hibachi Grill in Cinnaminson....yum yum! and then went over to Marcia's and played cards. Fun!

Today I need to do some catching up on SHIP work. It's open enrollment time through Dec. 7th and lots of people are calling us and making appointments.

Tonight we dance! (again :-)



No comments: