Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy birthday, Jennfier

Tom and I are on 680 heading down the road to Jennifer's.

 Our journey to California Tuesday was relatively uneventful in terms of problems. The first leg of the flight was long and my legs were squished but walking around  the Las Vegas airport helped straighten me out.

















We had no problem with the car pick up and we got to Jennifer's school and had fun with her and the class.




Next we headed to Sue's after a stop to eat at a local restaurant.



We crashed until Sue got home and then had a delicious dinner with them and watched Homeland. They don't have Showtime, but we hooked it up  to our laptop and we could watch it on their tv.

Wednesday we did a day trip to Mount Diablo, stopping for delicious sandwiches at Slow G's on the way.







That was our big excursion and we were tired again and went home to Sue's and slept. ( I think jet lag hit us really hard for some reason this trip).

Sue got home just in time for leaving for her book club, which I was invited to. I had read the book, Tinkers, on the plane. It was odd, but talkaboutable for sure. Sue's friends were all very nice and I had a good time.

Tom was asleep when we got home, so I watched Nashville with Sue. It was really funny because she kept falling asleep and when she woke up she's run back the tape to where she left off...that happened like 6 times between the first and second season episodes. I have memorized several segments having seen them so frequentlly. (I love that show, by the way...)

Today is Jenn's birthday and we are going over to her house now, will probably get to visit Jodie :-)  and then are meeting Sue and Patrick for Jenn's birthday dinner at her favorite place.


No comments: