Friday, August 23, 2013

Learning about the Marketplace

Tuesday-Thursday of this week I traveled the 90 miles round trip to New Brunswick to attend the CMS National Training for our NY region. This was my second year in attendance and it was fascinating.
Guess whose team won "Medicare Millionaire"? :-)

Have  a question about the Marketplace opening up for business on October 1? I may just have answers! :-)

While I was in New Brunswick I also had the pleasure of making phone calls from Barbara Buono for Governor headquarters there. I even got to see her in person!

Me, hanging with the Democratic candidate for Governor of NJ
I also had the best lunch ever at Old Man Rafferty's:


Poor Tom missed me very much. We went to the movies Tuesday night, but I was too tired to dance on Wednesday night (after a full day of workshop sessions followed by two hours of election phone calling!) (The Thursday session started at 8 a.m.!!!! and I was driving in life threatening thunderstorm/heavy rain conditions the whole way up. :-(

In other news, my first teacher-led instruction HR Block class of the season was cancelled due to lack of others signing up. I was, however, successful in signing up for Chris's class for basic review, which should be lots of fun! 

I can't believe it is so close to September. (Oh, did I mention how pleased I was to find I received a third quarter homestead benefit on my tax bill? Whoo hoo! What a nice surprise after all these years.)


No comments: