Thursday, August 15, 2013

The beach at last!

Hard to believe we live so relatively close to the beach and the first we got to it this season was August 13th. But, we got there. It's a start anyway.

We went to Island Beach State Park and then took a peek at Seaside Heights and the aftermath of Sandy. So sad.

But our beach day was good and it turns out there is something called a senior citizens pass available for free entry to all the NJ state parks. I am going to send for it! Whoo hoo :-)   (and then go places!)

Talking about going places, I realized as I walked in to Prospectors last Sunday for Sugarfootin' Sunday that  I had been there dancing every night from Wednesday...no wonder my legs were ache-y!

My camera gave me a scare when I tried to take a picture of Gary at my t-shirt selling tent at his 2013 Hollystock event. (It was sunny this year and I was a volunteer.) The scare was, it didn't work. :-(  I read some stuff online and fiddled with the stuck lens a few times and now it seems to be working again. Whew.

I got my new tax bill and it appears I have a third quarter reduction for a homestead benefit. That was a nice surprise after all these years of nothingness!

That was good news. On the bad news side, I got an e-mail indicating that the library book I thought I'd returned with the bunch on Aug. 5th was still with me and now I owe the library $1.20. Boo hoo! (It wasn't even one of my top ten :-(  

I had lunch with Kathryn on Thursday, Gee Gee on Sunday,  the DEAR group on Monday, and Tom on Wednesday. I think it's time to get back to the gym..... and for my next resolution....more sleep!

No comments: