Thursday, September 6, 2018

First Day of School 2018.....Not! :-)

Delran started the 2018-2019 school year on Tuesday with two in-service days. The kids start today. I am so glad to be retired and not having to worry about anything school related, but amazed to realize this is the start of my 13th year as a retired teacher (July 2006 start.) Wow.

I am finishing my tenth week of The Max Challenge and still enjoying it. I have one more month now.

Jennifer and Sue have firm plans for arriving in October for Jenn's birthday and I am delighted that they will be beginning and ending with us here so Tom gets in on the action too. The Brooklyn stay in mid-trip will be fun and Hamilton!

Tom is being very brave about his health situation(s) and has visions of exercising (but keeps a bag of candy and cakes just in case).

Ilsa, who has been dealing with my hair for 30 years (?) or more has moved to Iowa and when I got my hair cut yesterday, it was different and sad. :-(

Movie Pass is on its last legs and I miss hitting a movie whenever I felt like it and having them all ready and waiting for me at any time. :-( But I can't complain...it's been a good run...for us, not them, sadly.

As time was running out (Aug. 31 deadline), Tom made vacation with RCI plans for us in November, December, and January. We have places, but no transportation set as yet.

I worry about my eyes. Otherwise, I feel pretty good.

No comments: