Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Getting my car started

Somehow, charging $850 to get my car to start seems excessive. (Parts are $400....?) Nonetheless, that's basically what's in store  for me at Lucas Chevrolet later today when I pick up my 2002 Chevy Malibu (that Triple A towed there from my house yesterday). I am so sad.

Meanwhile, on a happier, "This is what America is all about", note, it seems this inspirational pair will be running again in 2014 to honor their fallen comrades at the Boston Marathon.(They were a mile from the finish line when the bomb hit).  http://www.teamhoyt.com/about/index.html
*****************************************
Yesterday was another DEAR lunch. We had fifteen people and are looking forward to next month's get together on the 22nd.

Earth Day was not as publicly touted this year as I've seen it in years past. Maybe my distance from the school environs has lessened the impact, but if so, that's a sad commentary on the world after 40+years of hearing about it.

It's nice to have free time now that tax season is over. :-)  (I'm watching the Homeland series. Wow.)

No comments: