Thursday, September 1, 2011

September already!

Today is the first day of school for Delran teachers. I wish all of them luck and a successful school year. I hope to see some of them...and some of my retired colleagues... for lunch at Otts today (12-2). The annual end of summer Delran get-together has always been a favorite activity of mine.

I started my HR Block classes and had my interview with Michael on Tuesday. It was a beautiful day. While I was sitting on a bench outside the Ellisberg Circle office, I met a lovely woman who has moved here recently from Montana. Emily, and she lives in Mt. Holly. I wonder if I'll ever see her again.

I also stopped in to the dr's office to change my pre op appointment to October since I had to change the dates for my cataract eye surgery (due to Tom's reunion and our time at Brigantine). My glasses are bothering me a lot now, but then, I have a headache, so that doesn't help. (It's probably psychological).

On the sibling front, Jeff and family got home from LA after a daunting series of plane, taxi, bus, and train rides (Irene's aftermath disrupted their original travel plans). Sue is not only working on her blog (yay) (http://www.susanmay.blogspot.com)  but is planning to come out for a visit soon (even yay-er!) I don't know what's up with Jenn, but I will keep trying to call.

No comments: