Friday, November 5, 2010

Raining and cold; welcome to winter :-(

I attended the DEA wordpress workshop on Monday. It was interesting and I am now on contributor mode for the DEA website.
I met Vickie at the gym Wednesday (fun!) and baked cookies for and attended the Eastampton Rec Building Open House (disappointing turnout, but the people that came were great and potential Committee members/helpers).
Yesterday I went to the NJEA Convention (by train for the day). It was rainy and cold on the way, but I had fun when I got there. I mostly hung at the huge technology area they had set up. I learned about thinkfinity and glogster among other things and I a set of headphones with microphone as a gift for attending some of the sessions (thank you, Verizon Foundation!).
   I didn't see a lot of people from Delran on the convention floor, but I saw more at the BCEA Hospitality reception (which had really good food!)
   On the way home from the train station I pulled in to the Prospectors parking lot (if I'd gone home, I'd never have gotten back out again; trust me!) I had fun dancing (Tom came, too, after bowling) and really enjoyed a special group that played onstage for us- Thompson Square. (We may see them again in Nashville this week!)

No comments: